L'Oreal Pure Clay Masks


Hello gorgeous! Hope you've had a good week so far. I'm someone who really enjoys skincare products when they work, but as I have very acne prone skin I get so nervous trying out new things incase they break me out. Recently I purchased two of the three L'Oreal Pure Clay Masks and I've now tried them both several times. 


The one I was most excited to try was the Exfoliating & Smoothing Red Algae Mask as I had read many great reviews on it. First I made sure my hands were clean and my face was freshly cleansed before I put any mask on. This mask has a thicker consistency with exfoliating micro beads through it. After I applied this all over my face I waited around fifteen minutes before rinsing it off. The micro beads are great when rinsing off, I used circular motions to further exfoliate. Then I patted my face dry with a towel. I'm not joking when I say I actually noticed a good difference in my skin. It's not often that I can see an obvious difference after using a mask, but my skin looked so much brighter and smoother. Of course my skin wasn't perfect, I still had scarring and some acne (obviously a given haha). But the redness was greatly reduced and my complexion was definitely nicer. However, there is one thing I have to say that I dislike about this mask and that's the scent. The scent is quite strong and doesn't subside, but because I really did like the results I can get past that. I can't say that it gives me a headache because I'm living with a never-ending one anyway hahah. But overall I do love this mask and would absolutely recommend it!

The next mask I tried was the Detoxifying & Brightening Charcoal Mask. Before I had read many reviews on these masks, this was the one I was originally most excited for simply because I wanted to try a charcoal mask. Then I read that a lot of people preferred the Red Algae one after trying all of them. But of course I still wanted to try this! This mask is a much thinner consistency than the first one, more like a cream. The first time I tried this I applied it to my entire face and after a few minutes it was the hardest drying mask I had ever tried. Not joking, it felt like rock! But in a good way. Same as before, I rinsed it off then patted my face with a clean towel. I felt like it really did mattify my skin, but because I have combination skin my cheeks ended up too dry. So the second time I applied this to my T-zone and chin only and it balanced out much nicer. This mask also has a very powerful scent, it kind of reminds me of cologne. None of these smell 'bad' as such but they are very strong. Again, I can get past that because I truly enjoy the feel of the masks and how my skin looks afterwards. 

Both these clay masks are amazing, though I do favourite the Red Algae mask a little bit. I try to do a mask 2 to 3 times a week, which works for me but everyone's skin is different! I haven't tried the Purifying & Mattifying Eucalyptus Mask but there are so many positive reviews on that one too! I bought these for $9.99 each at the Priceline sale but they usually sell at $19.99 each. 

Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these and which one is your favourite!

11 comments

  1. You got these for a real bargain! The states always advertises these masks, but I've never tried them before shockingly. I love anything that brightens my skin up so these are right up my alley. Thank you for the lovely review~

    p.s. Your blog is adorable <3
    xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia! I definitely did, I knew a sale was coming! These are really nice, I would purchase these again no without a second thought xx

      And thank you it's lovely when people compliment my blog :D

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try these for a while now! Glad to hear they're a good option!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! I waited a while too before getting these (mostly for a sale hahah) but I loooove how my skin looks afterwards xx

      Delete
  3. I've seen so many good things about these masks!

    Abigail Alice💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really nice! I would love to try the green one soon! xx

      Delete
  4. I love the detox clay mask from this range! It works so well for my skin. I need to try the other two though. They all sound so good for what they're worth which I also love xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The detox mask is amazing isn't it! The Algae one is definitely worth a try, I'd love to try the Eucalyptus mask soon though! xx

      Delete
  5. I have the Red Algae one, too, and I really like it! The smell does bother me though haha

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favourite one! I really don't like the smell either hahah xx

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog ♥ I love reading your comments and I like to reply to all of them. Make sure to check back for my reply or tweet me @Sophie_Bella13

-Sophie ♥